Tuesday 16 January 2018

Acrylic Bee Tag



Hello it's Kay M here today and welcome to my first post of the year. 
 


I would like to share this tag with you.  The lovely Nikki Killinger gave me a crafty goody bag for Christmas and it included an acrylic tag.  So I thought I'll use it with a technique Nikki has shown on Hochanda last year, here's my version.

One side of the backing was removed from the tag and the large bee from No 9 Bumblebees Collectors Edition was stamped with black StazOn Ink and they were painted over with Snow White for the wings, Lemon Meringue and Burning Bonfire acrylic paints.  




When dry, Lime Marmalade, Cinderella and Purple Rain were watered down and splattered over the tag one colour at a time, making sure each was dry before adding another.    



When all the splatters where dry I sponged over the tag with Townhouse Teal and Wimberry Pie blending the colours to give a soft colour transition.   Again this was left to dry. 



The painted tag was then covered with Black Gee-Sso-Good and dried.   



Now the fun bit, peeling the baking for the reveal!  



I then stamped the sentiment from Pegasus and stars from Victorian Garden in Black StazOn.  And added a ribbon to finish the tag.     

I do hope you have enjoyed my take on Nikki's technique.

Take care,  Kay M x

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Kay, what a great technique! Thanks for the inspiration. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way you have layered this on to the acrylic tag is fabulous Kay and the colours are so pretty..love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this tag. I always wondered how it was done. Now I shall try it out. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Kay!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete