Monday 16 January 2017

Lost in Thought


Hello and welcome, Kay M here today to share my project with this month's theme of using one of my favourite IndigoBlu stamps.  I managed to narrow my choice down to a 'smallish' list, but am unable to have one overall favourite, so this canvas uses today's favourite, Lost in Thought,  with runner up sets, Limor Circles and Plume!





I re purposed a 20cm2 canvas board. It had Croma Crackle applied to it for a another project but as I didn't like how it turned out, I decided to make it the base for this project.  Extra texture was added with fine paste through the Weird Science stencil and the whole board was painted with black Gee-Sso-Good.  When dry,  Luscious powders were brushed all over, and lightly sprayed with water to set.  Silver Luscious powder was mixed with water and applied to the raised areas and edges with my finger, a bottle top was used as a stamp with the silver mixture, and  White Gee-Sso-Good was splattered to finish the background.       




The focus of the canvas was made with wooden stirrers, both wide and narrow.   They were glued together to make boards with wood glue and taped behind with tape. 


When dry these wooden panels painted with White Gee-Sso-Good   and again left to dry. Then the images were stamped with black Archival ink, and coloured with Distress inks.   





I cut two of the narrow boards in half, and edged all of them with black pen.   Then a length of thin string was coloured with Luscious powders and wrapped round in places.  

Once all the elements had been arranged and I was happy with the composition, they were attached using silicon glue.

I do hope you have enjoyed today's favourite stamp(s!)  It is a near impossible to choose just one but if you could, which one would be yours?


Take care,  Kay M

6 comments:

  1. Love all the textures on this Kay, and I love those Limor Circles <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super Kay using those three fantastic stamp sets too. Love the way you have used the stirrers (I have so many of those lolly sticks lying around!!) All those textures make a very atmospheric background. I'm loving it.. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful piece of work Kay and the wooden stirrers have made a great base for that pretty image and the textured background shows it off beautifully. I don't think I could choose just one either as each one I have I love for different reasons. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Kay this is fabulous! I love how you stamped the image onto lollipop sticks too!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is so cool! Lovely textured, shimmering background for the gorgeous image! Such a fab idea to stamp on the wooden panels! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous work Kay - love this to pieces xx

    ReplyDelete