Thursday 5 January 2017

Happy 2017 from Aloysius



I would like to start the new year with a very sincere wish for everyone to enjoy good health and happiness in 2017. May each day be filled with magical moments and lots of crafty fun!

This month we have been asked to use our favourite IndigoBlu stamp, which is of course a very difficult task! I am a huge Teddy Bear fan, so I just had to pick the famous Aloysius from Brideshead Revisited. The tv series and the film were set at Castle Howard, which became Brideshead. I searched google for some pictures of the castle, and drew a very rough sketch.


The castle is for the background so all that is needed is just a few lines to give the general idea. Aloysius is the star!


I used watercolours to add washes of colours to the castle, and added in a long path and some bushes. I used Butterscotch, Hazel, and Espresso inkpads to add some colour around the edge of the picture.


I stamped the lovely Aloysius and watercoloured him too. When he was dry I fussy cut him.He is a very gentlemanly bear and did not complain at all!

Aloysius is famous for wearing a certain plaid scarf. Luckily I was able to find a small sample of this fabric on a well known auction site. I cut a length and added some fray stop to the edges, but I frayed out the ends. When he was dry I cut slits around his neck...... oh I am so sorry bear.


I then slotted the scarf into the cuts around his poor neck and adhered it. I used strips of coordinating colours of Damaged Dots card, underneath the bottom edge of the picture.

Aloysius could be used in many different ways, he could be peeping out of the top of a gift box, sitting in a meadow of flowers and lots more. If he is sitting in your stamp stash why not pull the little bear out and have a play.

Hugs from myself and Aloysius xx

Products used

7 comments:

  1. I love this Jannet, Aloysius looks snug with his scarf on xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you have added your own sketched and coloured background Jannet with that cute bear with his tweed scarf peeping out from the corner. A great card. Thank you for your new year wishes and hope you have a happy, healthy and wonderfully creative year too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project and love Aloysius, it brings back memories as my dad always used to say his middle name was this, (it wasn't) and we used to make fun all in good humour.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my Gosh ... he is surly always be stunning --- the little Gentleman
    I love him too .... have to make a card with him asap
    LG hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely beautiful! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous! Love his scarf! xxx

    ReplyDelete