Monday 7 March 2016

Elegant in Pearls


Morning all it's Elizabeth here and I have another new project to share using the very beautiful Elsie stamp. I started out with a plan in mind and a canvas in front of me, and as everything came together, I just didn't like it. So meet plan B, which I love.

I started out by stamping Elsie onto a piece of Perfect White Stamping Card using Potting Soil Archival ink as I didn't want the image to run if I spritzed over it. I then added text from the Tasty Textures Stamp Set and blended around the edge using Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.


Then for some un-known reason I did everything the opposite way round to how I would normally work, by creating and adding my mats and layers at this point. These are from the gorgeous After Morris Mixed Media Paper Stack. Which I then added to a base layer on an eight inch square card, as usual I couldn't resist distressing the edges of the layers. I love these papers as the Art Deco period has always fascinated me, and I'm very luck to live in an Art Deco house.


To add to the embellishments I fussy cut the flowers and butterflies from the front cover of my Floral Fantasy Mixed Media Paper Stack which were the perfect size to mix in with flowers and pearl strings from my stash.


These papers lend themselves perfectly to the distressed shabby look, and are so on trend with the colours in fashion at the moment.


So when planA doesn't work out there's always planB...... and I still have that canvas to play with ;)

Elizabeth x

4 comments: