Wednesday 2 March 2016

Colourful Bezels


I must admit - jewellery making has never been something I intended to start with. I knit, I scrap, I read, I go to the gym - well time is limited. THEN I got the Diamond Resin in my Design Team parcel and I had to change my mind about the whole jewellery making business. This is SO fun! And the possibilities are so many - you can use patterned papers, stamped images, metal pieces, glitter, well maybe even dead insects?


I have used stamped images that I painted with IndigoBlu English Cottage Artist's Acrylic Paints for all of the bezels I show you today. The ones above was and the one below was cut out from one of stamped images from the Boadieca A5 Stamp set (the bottom stamp). I used pink, lime green and yellow acrylics. As you can see I have applied some sparkle on one of the items - Finnabair Glass Glitter "Crimson Red" - also available in the IndigoBlu shop.


I added small word stickers on top of my stamped images on two of my bezels before I covered them with Diamond Resin.


On this one I have combined yellow & green on the butterfly from the Floral Fantasy A5 stamp set.

I hope I could inspire you to make some jewellery. The Diamond Resin is really easy to use so I really recommend you try it our!

Products from IndigoBlu:

IndigoBlu English Cottage Artist´s Acrylic Paint Lime Marmalade
IndigoBlu English Cottage Artist´s Acrylic Paint Mulberry Bush 


Marie Johansson


7 comments:

  1. Your jewellery pieces are all really beautiful Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie - these all look amazing! May I ask you, the background of the butterfly bezel has a mother of pearl look to it.... was that from the paint or the paper! It's so beautiful! Can't wait to get some diamond resin!
    All the best, Maxine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did answer you in my blog Maxine - but it is paint! IndigoBlu Acrylic Snow White Metallic. http://www.indigoblu.com/ink-pads-pens-paint-c10/english-cottage-artists-acrylic-paint-snow-white-metallic-60ml-p1102

      Delete
  3. They are so beautiful Marie. Very tempted to have a go...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are stunning Marie :) xx

    ReplyDelete