Tuesday 11 September 2018

Googly Spooky-Tastic Halloween Cards

Hi Everyone,

Mike here with a cute Halloween card series using two of the new release Halloween stamps from the release on the 21st September on Hochanda.

I batch made 8 of these googly eyed giggle cards using the new Skull & Cracked Glass stamps.


The cards are A6 in size, a perfect fit for these new stamps. I created 8 black A6 card bases and cut 8 pieces of Perfect White Stamping Card at a slightly smaller size to allow for a black border all the way around.

Using my stamp press and some Jet Black Archival ink I stamped out 8 of the skulls, one on each piece of the white stamping card.



Next, I stamped out a 9th on printer paper and cut out with scissors to act as a mask.


Laying the mask over each skull I used a combination of light green, orange and purple inks to blend colours around the outside of the card making sure the mask stayed in position.



I repeated the same process for all 8 of skull card fronts.

Once all 8 had the colour around the edges I took the Cracked Glass stamp, once again masking off the skull, and stamped in two opposite corners using the Jet Black Archival ink.


I  repeated the process on all 8 of the card fronts.

Next taking a spooky bat pattern stencil I added the same black ink through the stencil in the two remaining empty corners.



Once I had repeated this process on the remaining card fronts, I glued them to the fronts of the black card bases.

Next, I printed out an insert for the cards using my computer, then cut to fit the inside of the card base. I then glued the insert into the inside of each card.


For a final touch, using some glue, I stuck googly eyes onto each of the skulls eye sockets!


Adding the googly eyes turns the skull image from being a bit scary into a fun Halloween giggle!

I then teamed up each card with a C6 black envelope ready to post out to friends around the world.


I hope you like this simple one layer inked and stamped Halloween card, it's so easy and fun to create and you can make quite a few in a very short amount of time!



No comments:

Post a Comment