Thursday 5 July 2018

Mindfulness #2



Morning, Carolyn here with you today sharing my recent card with you. I have been busy making stuff for the up coming One Day Special on the 17th & 18th July. Then I realised I hadn't made anything for my blog post. Its a bit early to start sharing sneak peaks so couldn't use anything I'd prepared for Kay's Hochanda show. So whilst most of the nation was watching England play Columbia I took the chance to create a relatively quick make for me.

I chose the Mindfulness #2 stamp set and thought about making a clean and simple card but it didn't quite turn out as planned.



Started by using the latest Junk and Disorderly Translucent Acrylic Paint in Indigoblu to stamp the text. 




I then added some Slap It On Matte to the paint to extend the drying time and also make it more translucent. This was used to stamp the wings and also sponge around the Girl In Profile Stencil to the edge of the card. 



 

More wings were stamped using Wimberry Pie



At this point I wasn't particularly happy with what I'd done so I then added a wash of Ultraviolet Luscious and also some drippage in Purple Luscious




I decided to break up the text so it could be positioned with space between to enable the background to be seen. This was then adhered to the stamped background which was attached to a white square card blank. This left quite a wide border so to finish off I drew freehand around the edge and added some squiggles.





I've tried to catch the shine from the Luscious in the photo below.




Thank you for popping by and taking time to read my post. Hope you'll tune into Hochanda on the 17th & 18th July to see Kay showcase more fabulous goodies. Looking forward to sharing the DT's inspiration with you all.

Happy Crafting

Carolyn
x


No comments:

Post a Comment