Monday 26 March 2018

Happiness in Nature


Good Morning, Carolyn here with you today sharing my latest card using the most recent releases from IndigoBlu.



It's been a while so I thought I'd have a play with my Faber Castell Gelatos to create a colourful background. I chose Lavender, Grape, Tangerine, Bubble Gum and Mango. I randomly scribbled the colours on an A5 piece of watercolour card.


I then spritzed this with water and let the colours run taking care not to let them become a muddy mess. I dried this with my heat gun and laid down more colour so they were more vibrant. I used a baby wipe to merge the second layer of colours.


For the words I scribbled the Lavender and Grape Gelato over the stamp and spritzed with water before stamping onto watercolour card. I then cut these out.



The flowers from Nature III were stamped with Distress Oxide (Wilted Violet, Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry). I used my water brush to pull some of the colour from the stamped image to create a watercolour effect. I then fussy cut all the flowers.


To create more interest in the background I stenciled the Inky Dink Wild Rose Stencil with Fine Modelling Paste before placing the words and flowers over.


Finally I assembled the background onto a purple card blank before positioning and adhering the words and flowers.



Thank you for joining me today and do pop back to see the fabulous inspiration from the team. 

Happy Crafting

Carolyn
x

3 comments:

  1. Wow what a bright and beautifuly background Carolyn and love the array of pretty flowers and the texture paste stencilling and sentiment strips finish it delightfully. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, love the background and these stamps are on my desk ready for me to play with!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Stunning colours. xxx

    ReplyDelete