Hello to you, Sue Ralph here along with fellow BluBirds, Kay Molyneux, Julie Atkinson, Carolyn Lakin and Emma Blake bringing you some quick makes using the IndigoBlu Luscious Pigment Powders.
Luscious are ground Artist grade pigments with mica and a natural binder, so can be used dry as a pigment or add water to create a watercolour paint. Mix with Slap-It-On Thick to create an glossy shimmering translucent embossing paste or mix with Fabric Slap-It-On for painting onto materials.
Below the DT have put together some quick and simple techniques for you to try.
Sue Ralph A quick and quirky card to make, using Luscious Powders, Kevin’s Gang & Kibble Kits Stamp Set.
1. Start by wetting down a piece of watercolour card with a large paintbrush or water sprayer. Make it really wet then wait until nearly all the water has soaked into the card. (Tip- wet the underside of the card as well to stop the card bending).
2. Mix up the colours of Luscious Powders with water and make the colours runny. Add dabs of colour all over the wet card.
3. The colours should start to merge together slightly. Leave the card to dry out.
4. Stamp out 4 of the cat images & saying and emboss with clear embossing power. Paint the cats with the same colours of Luscious Powders. When theses are dry, cut out. Cut the saying into two parts.
5. Stamp Kibble Kits onto your Luscious watercolour background. Trim to the size you want and mat onto black card. Mount this onto a bespoke white card blank.
6. Glue down the ‘dog’ part of the saying towards the bottom of the Luscious panel and layer the cats over the top using foam tape on2 of the cats.
7. Finish the card by gluing down the ‘Cat’ part of the saying on blank side of the card. Layer the last cat with foam tape over the saying.
Kay Molyneux A quick and simple card with Luscious Powders.
1.The background(Notes dinky) was stamped in VersaMark ink and brushed over with Gold and Silver powders.
2.The big Flutterby was stamped onto the card and again using a stamping platform onto white card both in black ink. Luscious powders were then painted onto the later.
3.It was re-stamped in black ink and heat embossed in clear embossing powder and fussy cut.
4.The wings were shaped and it was adhered at the body over the Fluttterby on the card. A sentiment was added to finish.
Julie Atkinson For this quick keepsake...
1. Cut a heart from grey-board, an old cereal packet will do if not. Cover with a patterned paper or paint
2. Cut another heart slightly smaller from watercolour cardstock. Stick the hearts together with wet glue
3. Take a large Slim Jim acrylic sheet and mix Steampunk Lilac luscious powder with water. Flick off the acrylic sheet onto the cardstock with a dry paint brush to create splatters
4. Mix Steampunk Lilac luscious powder with Super Thick Slap it On and apply through Postmark Stencil in desired areas
5. Take a small frame(mine was made using paper clay and a mould) and paint with the Steampunk Lilac luscious powder. Once dry use the Super Thick Slap it On to stick the frame in place
6. Take three clear cabochons and paint with Steampunk Lilac luscious. Adhere using the Super Thick Slap it On
7. Stamp the words ‘Live, Love, Laugh’ from the Live, Love, Laugh stamp set and the ‘Dinky Flutterby’ Butterfly using a black ink pad. Cut out and stick the words using 3D foam pads
8. Add a little net below the butterfly and adhere with 3D glue gel
9. Create antennae with thin wire. Add a handle to the hearts, taking care to twist the ends in well to avoid any sharp edges
Carolyn Lakin :-Quick make Greeting Card
1.Stamp & embossed the big butterfly in dark blue onto watercolour card.
2.Use blue and teal Luscious to create a wash for the background.
3.Paint the butterfly with the same colours and add a highlight of orange Luscious.
4.Stamp the saying with Stazon Midnight Blue.
5.Draw a line around the edge of the card and mount onto a craft card blank
Emma Blake Explosion of Colour project.
Items used black card stock, fizzy pop, sherbet lemon, posiden blue and pink luscious, the IB shine bright stamp set a white gel pen spray bottle and silver ink pad.
1.I started by using a paint brush to sprinkle the Luscious onto the black card stick and then sprayed with water but not to much as I didn't want the card to blend to much when drying.
2.I stamped the shine bright sentiment with silver and ran the ink pad around the edges then mattered it onto more black.
3.Once the Luscious was dry I used the white gel pen to draw simple stars and dots and went around the edges of the card to give a broken boarder.
4.I found a old car light bulb and glued it on using slap it on and drew some lines coming from it.
5. Then I added my sentiment which I matted onto black card stock.
We hope you have enjoyed the blog post on quick and simple techniques using Luscious Pigment Powders.
If you have any Luscious projects you would like to share with us please pop onto our Facebook Group 'I Love IndigoBlu' where we would love to see what you have been making.
See you again very soon with more ideas and inspiration'
The BluBirds (DT) xx