Thursday 1 November 2018

Guardian Angel


Evening All,

Carolyn here with you today slightly later than usual but hope its worth the wait. I've been busy creating new samples for Kay's upcoming Hochanda show next week. Plus I attended the IndigoBlu Secret Retreat last weekend which was extremely enjoyable. I can definitely recommend you attend one of these if you can, it is well worth it!

Kay's show will be all about paint pouring so if you haven't had a go it can be very addictive, so tune into Hochanda on Tuesday 6th at 10am and 2pm.

My creation today started with a canvas which I used the True Grit paste through the Woodgrain stencil. I then created a paint pour using the  Acrylic Pouring Alchemy Starter Kit with  Metallic Miss Moneypenny and White Gesso. The photo below shows the pour before it had dried so the stenciling doesn't show through.


I then mixed Porcelain Luscious with Super Thick Slap It On and spread this through the Starburst stencil. At the bottom on the canvas I adhered the Gold Junk & Disorderly Rocks.


For my focal point I chose the Guardian Angel which was designed by Aitch. This was stamped onto
Watercolour Card using my Stamp Platform.


I then painted this using Fire Cracker, Tiger Lily, Porcelain, Miss Moneypenny, Snow White, Ugly Duckling and Leather Corset


The Guardian Angel was fussy cut and adhered to the canvas so she looked like she was sat on the rocks and the starburst shone behind her. The saying was taken from the Mindfulness #1 set then stamped and cut from watercolour card. This was placed and stuck evenly around the angel. To finish this off I edged the canvas with Leather Corset to give it a darker edge.


Thank you for stopping by and hope you tune into Kay's show on Tuesday. The design team have created some fabulous samples for the show you wouldn't want to miss it.

Happy Crafting

Carolyn
x


No comments:

Post a Comment