I began by making the bee hive so I could set it aside to dry. I sketched a bee hive shape, and cut it out. After mixing some warm tan paint with fine texture paste, I applied it over the hive. I used a pokey tool to create lines into the paste. I quickly wiped the pokey tool afterwards, anything similar could be used to create the lines, even the side of some card. I set it aside to dry before adding more colour detail to it.
Next came the buzzy bees I used bees from the Collectors Edition - Number 9 - Bumblebee Set and also the little bee from the Victorian Garden Stamp Set. I heat embossed them all in black and then coloured them with Lemon Meringue and dabbed their little wings with glitter. As they are flying freely in the scene I attached some thin wire on their backs.
l laid some green modelling clay inside the bottom of the frame, this will hold all of the flowers and bees in place.
Now all of my little bits and pieces were assembled I began putting the scene together. I inserted the wired flowers and bees into the clay along with some dried and artificial flowers. I cut a twig to fit snuggly inside the top of the frame and adhered the hive onto it.
Here is the rather unsightly back view, it shows how I have held up the flowers with wire and twisted them around twigs for support and lots of rather messy gluing! A painted background cut to fit the frame covers it up before putting on the frames back board.
I hope you will have many happy sunny days this summer xxx