Sunday 26 February 2017

Love Hearts


It is Cec here and today I am bringing you a card that is really clean and simple, which is a change from my usually shabby style.  I think this would make a great Valentine card for a fellow.


I started by using some Red Geranium Archival Ink and the dots stamp from the Tasty Textures set to stamp randomly on a panel of white card stock.


Next I dabbed some Silver and Gold Luscious around the stamping.


I used an old heart stencil to draw and then fussy cut a red and a brown heart from each of the Damaged Damask and Damaged Dots 12"x12" paper sets.  I also cut one brown heart from a Tim Holtz pad called Shattered Kraft Core and then took a Krylon Gold Leafing Pen to the edge of each heart.

To assemble my card, I printed my stamped panel with the word "love" using the print feature in my Cameo.  I mounted that panel on a panel of brown card stock and adhered them to my card blank.  Then I added all my hearts in a wonky row and topped the first one with a red button from my stash and a bow made from burlap string.

This was such a departure for me but I had so much fun seeing it come together with very little effort.

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Cec.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous card Cec and would also be great for an anniversary. I love the different colour paper pieced hearts, and the background textures work well. x

    ReplyDelete