Tuesday 2 October 2018

Snow White


Snow White is paying us a visit today, as she wanders through her Snowy Forest. 

I recycled the chipboard backing from a 12 x 9 paper pad, into a canvas. I brushed some gesso over it followed by a coating of the gorgeous Stroke Of Midnight paint. I filled my brush with Pantry White paint and tapped the brush so the paint sprinkled over the canvas to give a snowing affect. Be warned the paint sprinkles can go everywhere, but it is lots of fun!


My inspiration for this picture was the Snow White  in the Sparkle and Glisten stencil. Which I of  course used with the Snow White metallic paint ! There is a lovely large snowflake in the Alternative Christmas Stamp set. I used a sponge to dab some Pantry White paint onto it and stamped it around the edges of my canvas. 


I sponged Olive Waistcoat onto card before white heat embossing the trees from the new Tree Dressing Stamp set. After fussy cutting them I adhered them to the canvas. This Stamp set also comes with three sizes of stars, which I heat embossed in red and then  filled the centres with Unicorn Sparkles. After cutting them out I popped the sparkling stars onto the trees.



I roughly sketched Snow White. After painting and fussy cutting her, I added a red ribbon and bow to her hair. I used a scrap of red net to make her a cape. I placed Snow White on the canvas so she could watch over the forest.

To finish I used some  texture paste and Unicorn Sparkles for snow sitting under the trees.

 A smaller version of this canvas could also work well as a card.
Have fun creating. 
Jannet xx


No comments:

Post a Comment