Thursday 2 August 2018

IndigoBlu Apron


Morning, Carolyn here with you today so I thought I'd share my photos of my apron and how it came together as it was such a HUGE success last month.

I decided to stick with blues and purples for this and started by spritzing the apron with water to make the colours move.


Then I cut the Artists Fabric Panel into the various sections and played around with the positioning until I was happy with the layout. To add further interest I added an extra pocket from a pair of old denim jeans. 


I stuck with the same colours for the sections from the panels which I think were Indigoblu, Townhouse Teal and Stroke of Midnight. My memory isn't great and as I wasn't planning to write about this I hadn't written down what I used, big mistake!


The photo below shows the main focal panel stitched to the left hand side with part of a zip and I also used some of the fancy stitches on my sewing machine to attach other sections.


I also used some of the Art Studio A5 stamp set and stamped the images onto tissue paper and used fabric Slap It On to adhere them.


Below is the finished apron followed by a couple of close ups.




Hope you enjoyed Kay's shows and were inspired to purchase and decorate your own aprons. It would be lovely to see your finished projects so please do share on the I Love Indigoblu Facebook page for us all to see.

The next show on Hochanda is this Sunday with the fabulous Lou Withers. So please do tune in to see the launch of more fantastic products. They are Amazing, Awesome and NOT to be MISSED!!

The DT have done themselves proud and have started sharing their fabulous pages on Facebook and Instagram. Please do pop by to take a look and don't forget to tune in on Sunday.

Happy Crafting

Carolyn
x

No comments:

Post a Comment