Monday 5 December 2016

Wishing Tree


On the Morning of Christmas Eve some very special deers gather around the Wishing Tree. This tree is the tallest one in the forest, and it is covered in twinkling stars. The deers know how very lucky they are, as they have magical abilities which bring joy to so many all over the world. So on this special morning they gather around their tree to give heartfelt thanks, and they each close their eyes tightly and make a special wish.......



I cut thin strips from old book pages and wrapped them around a length of thick wire. I added Teal Luscious to my water spray and shook it gently, then I sprayed the tree.


I used thick Slap It On in the stars stencil and after removing the stencil I added unicorn sprinkles.I fussy cut them and set them aside for later.


I stamped the deers and fussy cut them, but left a tab under their feet as this will be pushed through the lid later.I cut a blanket shape to keep the deers warm, and coloured it with Ruby Slippers paint, and Goldfinger paint.

I used a lid from a round box as my base. I covered it in old book pages and painted it with Snow White paint. I taped the Believe Stencil on the side of the lid and dabbed it with Ruby Slippers paint.


I made a hole in the lid and pushed the wire trunk through, bending the wire up underneath and adhering it. I cut slots for each deer and pushed them in and secured them underneath the lid.



I adhered the stars onto the Wishing tree. I finished by covering the top of the lid with Indigoblu Coarse texture paste and sprinkled generously with Unicorn Sprinkles.

May all your Christmas Wishes come true xxx

4 comments:

  1. This is a very pretty tree Jannet and love all the stars and reindeer and great colours too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Jannet! I love the gorgeous design and little story.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Wishing Tree x this is wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Jannet, it's so magical. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete