One of the great advantages of Mega Flakes is the large size of the flakes - hence their name! - but even Mega Flakes do break down eventually and become unusable (until now!) This is what I used on the lantern along with the fabulous new Metallic Paints.
The glass panels, base and handle were removed. A piece of Phat Foam was loaded with FlitterGlu and applied all over the lantern body, base and handle. The broken down Stainless Steel Mega Flake was used to cover FlitterGlu and buffed up with a Scoochy, at this point it didn't seem to matter if the flakes are a little lumpy as it added to the effect. A little Raven Black Paint was dabbed over the flake using a sponge, when dry a little Kingfisher Blue was then applied similarly and when that was dry Pheasant Bronze was dabbed over both with a sponge. This process was repeated until I was happy with the result, a final light sponging with Snow White was then applied to highlight.
The replacement glass panels were cut to the same size from handmade mulberry paper, a butterfly from the Floral Fantasy stamp set was inked with StazOn and stamped 4 times without re-inking on each panel. The paper panels were placed on a craft mat, 10ml of each Diamond Resin part was made up to the instructions on the packaging and sponged over all 4 panels and left for 8 hours. I found that the panels needed an extra coating of Diamond Resin, I applied this and left them to cure for 3 days.