Tuesday 4 December 2018

Snowy Winter Foxes




Hello I hope December finds you well and happy. The time is soon approaching for us to think about decorating our homes. With this in mind I have made this winter forest scene using a collection of the gorgeous new stamps. It is easy and fun to make



I used a 25 cm square  box frame. I started by cutting  some card to fit the back of the frame and used Mulberry Bush paint to give it some colour. I heat embossed the snowflakes from the Alternative Christmas stamp set around the edges.



The tree stamps from the Tree Dressing stamp set made perfect forest trees which I coloured with Olive waistcoat, before fussy cutting them. Stamps can be very versatile, and you don’t always have to use  the whole stamp.  I stamped just the fox from the Willow and Fox stamp. I wiped away the ink on the girls hands before stamping. I used some needle felting wool to shape fluffy tails for the foxes.  


I kneaded some modeling paste into the bottom of the frame, and placed a wood slice into it which would later hold my chipboard hares. I stood my tree and animals up into the modelling paste. I also stamped the hare from the Guardian Angel  stamp so he could join in too. Stars  from the Tree Dressing set flew to the top of the trees, and I added strings of pretty pink beads to the trees and also as a decoration hanging  across the inside  top of the frame. 

The forest needed some snow so I applied  texture paste over the base using a palette knife. Then followed with a sprinkling of Unicorn Sparkles. I finished by adding a piece of a fir tree, small pine cones, chipboard hares, and a splatter of  white paint over the scene.

You could also create this scene inside of a recycled box or tin.

Have fun creating your winter decorations, if it is not too early I would like to wish you a very happy and healthy Christmas Season xx


No comments:

Post a Comment