Friday 7 September 2018

Halloween Launch


Good Morning,

Carolyn here with you today and I'm sharing something new that will be launching later this month. Be sure to join Kay on Friday 21st September at 4pm on Hochanda to see these fabulous new designs. The DT are thoroughly enjoying making their spooky samples for the show. Thanks to Sue for the image below.



My idea was to use all the stamps and create a simple one layer card so I'll take you through a step by step of how I made this.


The first step was to decide how much of the card to mask. I used the 'Rule of Thirds' to help me position my stamped images. If you've not heard of this before it has been used by artists and photographers for centuries.It is considered a basic yet essential guideline to help compose an image and decide where to place the subject to create a well balanced image. The basic principle is to divide the card into 9 sections, 3 across and 3 down and where these intersect would be the strongest focal points


As I only wanted to divide my card vertically I masked my card on the dotted lines and I would stamp my images between these masked areas. I chose to stamp Batty first in the bottom left corner using my stamp platform.


Next I stamped Clarice the Giant Moth using Black Versafine in the top right corner. Both these were also stamped onto Post It Notes and cut out to create masks.


I then wanted the Skull to appear in the background so the masks were placed over Clarice and Batty before stamping the Skull.


The final stamp I used was the 'Cracked Glass' which also looks a little similar to a spiders web. So after creating a mask for the skull I free stamped the Cracked Glass in the blank areas.


The image below shows the stamped images after all the masks have been removed.


I had planned to leave it black and white but decided to give it a little colour. As it is for Halloween I decided to use Leather Corset and Burning Bonfire. These were watered down to give a muted effect plus I didn't want to lose the effect of the stamped images. I also drew a line either side of the images to define the edge and added a few zig-zags to break it up.


The final piece was matt and layered onto brown card an then onto an orange card blank.


I do hope you found this step by step useful and be sure to join Kay on the 21st to see what the rest of the DT have produced with these fantastic designs.

Have a wonderful day

Happy Crafting

Carolyn
x


No comments:

Post a Comment