Tuesday 1 May 2018

Encouraging Card and Secret Message Tags



“She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible. She  walked with the Universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings.”

This fabulous quote is by Ariana Dancu and can be found in the Indigoblu Mindfulness #2 Stamp Set. 

This card is perfect for someone going through difficult times, or who just needs an encouraging, positive word. I wanted to include a pocket on the front of this card for tags to hold secret  messages or even a gift card or two!

http://www.indigoblu.com/rubber-stamps-c3/a5-rubber-stamps-c5/mindfulness-2-a5-red-rubber-stamp-by-kay-halliwell-sutton-p2349

My colour scheme for this pretty feminine card was Marshmallow Pink and Grandmas Teacup Blue. I watered down these acrylic paints and created a background. Acrylic paints can also be used directly onto  the stamps, so I used a makeup sponge to dab the colours onto the Circle Dots stamp. I washed them afterwards before the paint dried on the stamp as they would be a little more difficult to clean!

I stamped the Circle Dots  onto the edges of the card 

Caitlin this stamp comes with a wonderful quote by A.A.Milne.


I stamped the beautiful Caitlin onto my background using a black versafine ink pad. I added some colour to her face and  gave her pink and blue hair which I thought was fabulous.I would love to have that colour combination of hair! 

I also stamped her on some copy paper which I cut out to use as a mask.Once she was safely masked I stamped the wings onto her shoulders, the wings are also  from the Mindfulness #2 stamp Set.

 I stamped the brilliant quote underneath her, and also gave her some bling on her wrist and ear, and to the centre of some of the circles. I used pretty sequins and little gems. 


To make the pocket I used foam tape on the back of the picture, and measured the depth of the tags. I laid a line of foam tape under the tag depth so they would not disappear all the way down behind the picture. My card blank was 7x7 inches.


I made the tags in the same way, only this time I thought I would try embossing the Circle Dots Stamp.  I adhered the picture to the base card, and after tying some pretty ribbons to the tags I slid the tags inside the pocket. 

Encouraging, loving words could be added to the tags. Receiving a  handmade card and a written note can mean so much.

Thank you for popping by today. I hope I have inspired you with this card.
Have fun xx


5 comments:

  1. This is so soft and pretty Jannet and love the sparkle, and painting on to the stamps using the acrylics works really well for that circle dots in the background and the added sequins and enamel dots enhance it perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Jannet!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! What a wonderful idea with the tags. Caitlin is beautiful & I need these stamps (apart from the circles as already have it in my IB collection). Tyfs your step-by-step, inspiring us all!😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to use those tags Jannet and you are so right we all love a little note or words of encouragement when receiving a card. A fabulous creations.
    Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love using pockets in my cards and journal pages, always trying to find new ways for the pockets. Thanks for showing your beautiful projects Dxx

    ReplyDelete