Monday 5 February 2018

Love Letters



February is synonymous with Love, so I thought I would begin the month by spelling it out! 

I already had the “L”, “V", and “E”, wooden letters in my stash, but I didn’t have an “O” ! Luckily I was able to find a papier-mâché “O” it was a little larger than the other letters, but I crossed my fingers that it would work out ok.  



I painted the “L” and “V” with Grandmas Teacup paint, and outlined them using Poseidon Blue Luscious  which I had premixed with a little water.

I took some time deciding which stamps to use and I eventually decided that a nature theme would be nice using butterflies, flowers, birds etc. I stamped using a Versamarker ink pad and heat embossed the images in white.



                      Anemone and Daisy
                              Wild Poppy


I also embossed some butterflies onto card, and coloured them with the Indigoblu paints before fussy cutting them. I folded two of them in half, and stuck the folded sides together using sticky pads and adhered them onto the letters to look as if that had just landed onto them. I also laid one butterfly flat onto the "O" and "V" letters using pva glue.


I painted the “O ”and “E“ with Iced Gem paint, and outlined them using Pink Luscious which I had mixed with a little water.

I repeated the stamping and embossing as above, but also added the darling robin to the “O”, and fussy cut lots of the little flowers from the Wild Poppy set to add to the "E".


Wishing you a lovely Valentines Day, at least us crafters can always create our own flowers to give ourselves on the day !


3 comments:

  1. What a really pretty project Jannet and love the soft pink and blue and all the beautiful stamping and added fussy cut bird, butterflies and flowers. Beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for a lovely cheerful project x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Jannet!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete