Monday 26 June 2017

Floral Tag


Hello, it is Cec here and today I am sharing a very feminine shabby floral tag with you.


I began by using a brayer to add Pink Iced Gem and then Wimberry Pie Acrylic Paint to a heavy tag.


Once the paint was dry, I brushed on a coat of Crackle Medium and let it dry completely before I painted on another coat of Pink Iced Gem.

I added some random stamping with the Script Background stamp and some Watering Can Archival Ink.


I cut a doily from a scrap of pink card stock using the Prima Lace Doily Die and then cut it in half.  The doily was then painted with Pink Luscious and splattered with some watered down Vodka Martini metallic paint before it was added to the tag.


Next I cut a strip of card stock and ran it through an embossing folder called Swiss Dots before I painted it with Wimberry Pie acrylic paint.  A little watered down Vodka Martini metallic paint was lightly sponged over the top and the strip was added to the tag over the doily.


Using Watering Can Archival Ink, I stamped flowers from the Live, Laugh, Love set onto some white card stock and pink Damaged Damask paper.  The leaves were stamped onto green Damaged Dots paper.

The edges of the leaves were inked with some Bundled Sage Distress Ink and then shaped.  Shading was added to the centres of the flowers with a Prismacolor pencil and then the edges were painted with some Vodka Martini metallic paint using a piece of Phat Foam.  The petals were shaped and then the flowers were layered.  Seed beads from my stash were added to the centre of the big flowers using some Slap it On Matte to adhere them.

I used a little EK Success flower punch to create a bunch of small flowers that were inked with Dusty Concord Distress Ink and then had purple pearls added to the centres.

The dragonfly and butterfly from Live, Laugh, Love were stamped onto scraps of white card stock and painted with Purple Luscious.  The body and the edges of the wings of the Dragonfly were painted with Vodka Martini metallic paint and tiny silver pearls were added to the body of the butterfly.

Finally a loopy pink organza bow was added to the top of the tag.  I hope my tag inspires you to use stamped flowers in the same you would punched or die cut flowers.


1 comment:

  1. I love the pastel colours Cec and the soft pinky sheen on the ribbon finishes it perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete