Monday 12 September 2016

Mary Metallic Christmas Card


Autumn here to share some holiday inspiration with you.  I just could not wait to ink up the lovely new Mother and Child stamp.  I decided to do a non-traditional color scheme so I could play with my beautiful new IndigoBlu metallic paints.


I used a pine bough die with very thin chipboard.  I lightly mixed a small amount of Goldfinger and Snow White metallic paints together to form the most luxurious color and painted several of the die cuts.  Next I cut my snowflakes and star and painted them with pure Goldfinger for contrast.


On a watercolor panel I partially stamped the Christmas Word Block and Snowflake Lace repeatedly with Versamark ink.  I poured silver embossing powder over some sections, then shook off the excess.  Then I poured gold embossing powder over the entire panel to collect in any open areas of my inked background and heat embossed.  I distressed the edges of my panel.  Then I embossed Mary in silver and fussy cut the edges.


I layered my elements, adding in some vintage seam binding, sequins, and splashes of watery Goldfinger and Snow White paints for interest.  I mounted onto a pewter card base to create a pretty framed edge.


This card is both mixed media and CAS, if there is such a thing!  I hope it inspires you to start your Christmas cards, especially if you're not quite in the mood for red and green just yet.  


Thank you for your visit today and I look forward to reading your comments.

8 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Love, love, love this! I love the stamps used, the metallics and colors used, even though I am always in the mood for red and green! The card is embellished beautifully - overall awesomeness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very beautiful and elegant Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only gorgeous, but very clever how you've used the embossing powder here for so many different colors and effects! A lovely holiday card, and good on you for the early start! xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Autumn, beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Autumn....just love the colour combo! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Autumn......great tutorial, Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete