Tuesday 17 March 2015

Indigoblu Challenge - Top 3 Inspiration - Spring Greens.

Good morning all,

Today we have for you some wonderful inspiration for this months challenge 'Spring Greens' You still have a few days until the challenge closes, you can enter the challenge HERE, or by following the instructions in the above tab and e-mailing us your entry.

First up, and in no particular order we have Alexandra:


She had this to say:

This is my top 3 inspiration piece, I hope you like it!
I distressed and painted a tag made from cardboard. Layered up stamped and coloured vellum and added a stamped and decoupaged tulip image. The word 'spring' was stamped and cut out then layered with card and crochet lace.

Next up is Heidi:


On a piece of white card I glued torn pages of old book pages using "Slap it On" then brushed white Gesso all over. Once it was dry , I sprayed the card with green acrylic paint watered down in a spray bottle. I also tapped into the paint using my finger to create a more interesting background.
After it was all dry, I stamped with IndigoBlu "Ink Splats” in white gesso and also black Versafine.
The sentiment is from IndigoBlu "Grand Tour I , stamped with black Versafine.


To finish the card, I die cut the mesh using a Couture Creations die. I stamped the IndigoBlu "Butterfly" with Versamark on black card, embossed it with WOW Embossing Powder Champagne and coloured with Cosmic Shimmer Pastel lime Watercolour Paint.

I hope you will like my “Fresh Greens”new project.
Heidi

Last but never least is Doreen :


Doreen had this to say:
What a pleasure it is to be joining the fabulous IndigoBluebelles this month as a guest designer.I feel so privileged.

For my card I have used a freebie set which consists of stamps from various sets available in the shop.  I first made my background with some Gelato’s that I blended with a baby wipe,  next I masked off some of  my main image as it was a little longer than I wanted, I then stamped this along the bottom of my card. 

I inked up the flower stamp and stamped where I thought it should go.  I drew in the stems with a black pen.  I didn’t want the entire sentiment so again masked off the portion that I didn’t want to use and just inked up the portion that I wanted.  Lastly I matted this onto some green cardstock and attached it to my card.

I hope you will agree there is some fab inspiration here from our top 3 winners from the 'A touch of Red' challenge.  Very talented peeps!  Thank you so much ladies for taking the time to do this for us, your work is beautiful.

And remember, this could be you next month!  Just hop along and join us in the challenge HERE. xx

Best Wishes,

Indigoblu Challenge Blog Design Team.
xx

5 comments:

  1. What great inspiration from the Top 3 designers. What clever and talented ladies. All three are fabulous with great techniques, all so different and all so perfect for the Spring Greens challenge. I love how the Indigo stamps can be used in so many different ways.Thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three fabulous projects. What great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete